Monday, February 27, 2012

What Every Writer Wants

Mont Blanc Skeleton A+380 
You don't know me. I love writing instruments. I'm a writer and what I want is to sign my first contract with a fine writing instrument like the one above. In fact, any Mont Blanc will do. A writer who doesn't love an instrument like the ones manufactured by Mont Blanc is one who has never tried one! As you may or may not know, Mont Blanc is the highest mountain in the Alps, and it is also the name of the world's finest pen. However, the Namiki Pilot is also a handsome instrument and I'd settle for the one in the photo below. In fact, the Namiki Pilot makes a fine gift when the giver couples it with a package of purple ink cartridges.

The Namiki Pilot, an instrument that I adore.
Remember, I'm old school. I love all the old writers and this isn't a knock against today's writers; I hope to be one of them. The idea of being a writer back when you knocked out your manuscript on a manual typewriter still appeals to me. See, I started writing on a manual machine. I used to go to the old Cleveland Typewriter on Lee Road with my father. I loved walking through the store looking for just the right machine to join my mind and heart and soul with in order to produce the next great American novel. By the way, I am still working on that novel.

Cleveland Typewriter on Lee Road in Cleveland Heights, Ohio.
Even though I have not signed my first contract, or purchased my first fine writing instrument, I am hard at work on creating product. In addition to the play, "I Came Here As Me", I have a novel, "The Warhol Moment", and two memoirs that I am trying to complete. "Judgment In Goshen: Taxonomy of An Ordinary Murder", is a crime novel about my time on a mass murder jury. "None of My Idols Were Worth Worshipping", is about my time as a music journalist. I have plenty of work to keep me busy.

In addition to all of these projects, I am working to position myself as an expert on 1970s music. I plan on lecturing as a musicologist, which is something that I have done in the past. This web presence is my attempt to brand the writer, Charlotte Morgan.

Thanks for listening. If you are a writer, please keep writing. If you want to be a writer, find yourself a course at a nearby college or university. In my hometown, we have some wonderful writers and poets eager to share their craft with students. Or find yourself a workshop if you have a manuscript. Whether you use a pen, pencil, typewriter or computer, just keep writing.









No comments:

Post a Comment